Social GAMING, SOCIAL MEDIA | June 9, 2009

Farm Town Unavailability Causes Torments to its Users

If you play Farm Town on Facebook, you noticed that the game is not available. I received many comments where players express their fear of losing everything. Rest assured that your crops and farm possessions are still there. I did some digging and I found out that information from the maker of Farm Town.

Update: The issue seems to be caused by a glitch in the communication between FarmTown servers and Facebook.
FarmTown access will be restored as soon as these issues are solved.
We will be extending the ‘Ready to Harvest’ period so that crops do not go to waste due to this downtime.

Update – 12:50 AM EDT: ETA for FT to be back online is at 1 hour. (Not there yet)

There is no news when Farm Town will be back online. But it appears that the maker are working to restore it as soon as possible. Let’s hope it would be soon.

September 27th, 2009 Update: This blog is NOT produced by the maker of Farm Town, and I do NOT work for Farm Town. Therefore, it is not the right place to ask about support or why you cannot access the game.

• add to kirtsy

23 Responses to “Farm Town Unavailability Causes Torments to its Users”

1. Pingback from a Web site

[…] JUNE 8th, 2009 IMPORTANT MESSAGE:  To all Farm Town players, the maker are working on bringing back the game as soon as possible. Read my complete status here. […]

2. Hope it is restored SOON.

I wonder do you also farm at FT, Kim. 🙂

3. 3 Debbie said:

I hope this is rectified as soon as possible because, it is one of the best games i have played on Facebook.
    If you r right then we should be able to carry on as usual once the probs are sorted.

4. Farm Town seems to be down for me again today, not too sure what it is that is causing it – perhaps a similar thing?

5. 5 Nancy said:

Is Farm Town Down for anyone else but me. Since last night haven’t been able to get onto it.

6. Hi Nancy. My Farmtown isn’t working either. Since last night, July 27th.

7. Yes, Farm Town is down at the moment.

8. Farm Town is and you can sense the depression! 14 million users suffering from Farm Town separation anxiety and yes I am among those 14 million. Please fix it as soon as possible

9. I hope the crop ready to harvest time will be extended. This is a great game, I sure hope they can fix all of the glitches. (too many to list)
    Mine has been down all day. (July 28/09)

10. 10 Susan said:

Can’t believe there are issues with Farmtown AGAIN!!!! I’m having withdrawal symptoms. LOL Hope it gets fixed soon…haven’t been able to play all day.

11. i am really upset with farmtown on facebook today 28/7/09 because i am sick and tired of farmtown having so many proplems,i had a full farm of crop ready to be harvested and i hope now it will be fixed in time before they die.i think it will be a good if u could put me crops back a day to get harvested.

12. My Farm Town has been down since about 1:00pm today and it will not come up at all. My friend can access her Farm Town

13. 13 Deanna said:

Mine has been down since last night. It’s now 4:11 pm CST and still not working.
    My son can access his though. It really doesn’t make sense. Does anyone have any idea when it will be back up for everybody?

14. I wish this Farm Town issue would hurry up i have not been able to get on for 2 days and it is driving me crazy.

15. My farm town went down earlier today however, friends of mine in other states can get on. One in NJ even logged into my account and it worked. Why is it working some places and not others??

16. 16 Annette said:

My farmtown has been down since last night. My sister and my daughter, who live less than 15 mins. away from me are in, no problem. I can’t get in, no matter how hard I try. Does anyone know why some can get in and some can’t? It is not down for everyone….it is very annoying and frustrating to know you can’t get into your favorite game and that no one can tell you approximately when, if at all, you’ll be able to access it. If someone has answers, is it possible to email that answer?

17. 17 Sandra said:

I cannot get onto Farmtown, it is like the server is completely gone. I can look at my farmtown neighbours page, but can’t connect to my farm. Also, my farming buddy sent me a message on facebook saying he got in right away and waited for me, and is worried my peppers are going to rot.

What is happening wit the server?

Help, suffering from farmtown withdrawal.

Any ideas what is wrong and when it will be fixed?

18. i hope they get farmtown to work went down July 27 and can not do nothing!at level 27 there goes all my crop?

19. I haven’t been able to access farm town for days. Game will not load! My daughter can go to my farm using my account on her computer. My daughter in law can access her farm using my computer. I don’t understand why I am unable to access the game. I’m very frustrated! This is my favorite game! I have emailed the farm town creators several times. I have not heard back from them. I’m in major farm town withdrawal!

20. 20 Linda Moeller said:

I haven’t been able to access FARMTOWN or FARMVILLE since yesterday.
    Is it just me?

21. i havent been able to get into farmtown ar farmville for 1 1/2 weeks now when will it get it back

22. Im totaly stressed out and fed up with not bein able to gain access to farmtown on face book , i have,nt been able to since 3rd october 2009 it just loads 100% and thats it i,ve tried everything hurry up and fix it please.

23. I wish to point out again that I have no relations with the maker of Farm Town. Therefore, it is useless to leave comments about support here.